Friday 5 June 2015

Honey v's Caster Sugar in baking

I love baking; there is something so nostalgic about the act of bringing together, quite often very basic ingredients to create some sort of sweet creation....however (the eternal question?!) is it possible to make cakes healthy? I have stuck by "Red Velvet & Chocolate Heartache" by Harry  Eastwood religiously for the past few years, and although some of her reciepes have turned out better than others, I am a huge fan. I think because she uses vegetables in her cakes I somehow feel a little less guilty (excuse the pun but I like to have my cake and eat it!). I love that she uses rice flour and ground almonds. For some of my future blogs I will be focusing on other ways of hiding veggies (as this is obviously a great way of tricking little bear into eating another one of his 5-a-day - 1 point to mummy!) but for now I am going to try and swap the caster sugar for honey in my baking and see how it turns out. I shall keep you posted! My test reciepe will be Harry's Courgette and Camomile Cupcakes. As I write this the first batch are in the oven and I have started by simply following the reciepe as it is, using caster sugar so I have something to compare to.

No comments:

Post a Comment